It has long been known that protein is key for sports nutrition, specifically muscle building. Nutrition plays an important role as athletes prepare to reach optimum performance levels. The essential function of proteins is well known to competitive athletes as well as recreational athletes.
Protein Essentials Collagen Peptides can offer important advantages beyond muscle building. Collagen benefits include improving athletic performance, protecting connective tissues, supporting healthy joint maintenance and helping to reduce the risk of injury.
With a unique amino acid profile, Protein Essentials Collagen Peptides contain high levels of the amino acids glycine, hydroxypoline, proline, alanine and arginine – providing specific nutritional benefits not found in other protein sources.
Protein Essentials Collagen Peptides deliver numerous health and nutritional benefits to athletes both during and after exercise: aiding muscle contraction, muscle restoration, performance energy, joint and connective tissue protection and weight management.
Pure, natural, easily digestible and absorbable, Protein Essentials Collagen Peptides are easy to use. Protein Essentials Collagen Peptides are gluten and dairy free. This is important for athletes with dietary restrictions and paleo athletes. Products range from unflavored collagen peptides, to Chocolate & Mocha Collagen to fruit flavored Perform 100.
October 17, 2016 by Kathleen Sullivan
Protein Essentials introduces the next generation of protein shakes; combining great taste, convenience and important health benefits. Each delicious 95 calorie serving contains 20 grams of highest quality pasture raised Peptan collagen protein and 3 grams of net carbs. Protein Essentials Mocha boasts a hint of coffee, while the Chocolate has a lightly sweet chocolate flavor. Perfect for a Paleo or Keto lifestyle, both flavors are non gmo, all natural, gluten free and non dairy (no whey!), free of additives, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors. Protein is one of the most vital components of our diet, and adequate protein intake is essential to maintaining a healthy and balanced diet.
Protein Essentials supplements with Peptan offer nutria-functional properties that cannot be found in other protein sources; looking at you whey, hemp and pea protein. Peptan collagen peptides were developed to improve health and as a result, deliver multiple health benefits. Protein Essentials collagen promotes connective tissue health and supports bone, joint and skin health. Additionally, these shakes provide sports nutrition and promote muscle recovery .
Simply improve your overall health by adding one scoop of Chocolate or Mocha Protein Essentials Powder to 12 ounces of water, milk, almond milk or your morning cup of coffee. These shakes are so versatile you can use them as a meal replacement, a snack or a pre or post work out supplement. Protein Essentials Chocolate and Mocha Shakes are the ultimate clean hydrolyzed collagen protein powder.
Protein Essentials products are made with highest quality, pasture raised Peptan collagen protein. Peptan is the leading manufacturer of collagen and gelatin products worldwide. Collagen and gelatin are gluten free, nondairy and nongmo; they also deliver tremendous benefits. Numerous studies show collagen and gelatin support joint, bone, nail, skin and hair health. Additionally, protein is filling which supports weight management.
Still skeptical? Uh huh. Well, here is a snippet of what our customers have to say……
- “Very good results on hair, nails and over-all good health.” Gelatin
- “I am always well taken care of and appreciate it so much!!” Collagen
- “I love these products. I love that they are from S. America and artificial hormone and antibiotic free.” Collagen & Gelatin
- “Great taste and easy to use,” InstaBroth
- “My joint pain is better.” Collagen
- “I love this stuff. Hair feels good, nails too and my skin is so nice now. It mixes well with anything and has no taste!! I love it! Collagen
- “I’m moving away from whey and towards collagen based proteins. I take both the Perform 100 and Hydrolyzed Collagen from Protein Essentials and both are fantastic.” Perform 100 & Collagen
- “This is great and very gelatinous!” InstaBroth
- “My hair is growing so fast my stylist wanted to know my secret!” Collagen
- “Since I started using this product my body does not ache; I am able to do normal routine without ache joints!!” Gelatin
- “I ride a bike 75 miles a week and it has taken all pain from my joints. And my hair and nails are the best they have ever been.” Gelatin
May 3, 2016 by Kathleen Sullivan
Dehydration can occur in virtually every physical activity scenario. It does not have to be hot outside. You can become dehydrated cycling, golfing, exercise walking or running on a cool spring day.
Dehydration occurs when the body loses more fluids through sweating than it takes in. The consequences of mild dehydration include muscle fatigue, loss of coordination and decreased energy or athletic performance.
Hydration is required before, during and after exercise. Athletes are advised to begin exercise well hydrated and replace fluids during exercise to promote adequate hydration. Additionally, rehydrate after exercise by drinking enough fluid to replace fluids lost during exercise.
Sports drinks provide hydration, but not all sports drinks are healthy. Perform 100 is the next generation of sports nutrition. Perform 100 is a performance and recovery supplement that provides hydration, while also protecting joints and tissues. Perform 100 improves performance and energy with 25g collagen protein and BCAAs. Take Perform 100 before, during and after workouts for maximum benefits and hydration.
If you go to the store looking for a protein powder, you will find entire shelves full of whey protein. While whey is a popular name in protein right now, there is a new product on the market with all the benefits of whey and more. This product is called Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen. What is Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen, and why is it superior to whey protein? We give you the run down.
First things first, what is whey protein and what is hydrolyzed collagen?
- beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, bovine serum albumin, immunoglobins
So what is it?
- There are two proteins in milk; casein and whey. The two can be separated, leaving just the whey protein.
- Whey is a complete protein with 20 amino acids, 9 of which are essential amino acids (the amino acids your body doesn’t produce).
- Whey protein concentrate: low fat, low carbohydrates, protein levels vary
- Whey protein isolate: no fat, no lactose (filtration leaves 15%, ion-exchange leaves 5%), typically 90% protein
- Whey protein hydroslate: requires less digestion
Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen:
- Porcine Collagen Peptides, Bovine Collagen, Fish Collagen Peptides
So what is it?
- Collagen represents 30% of animal protein matter. It is a key protein for joint, skin, bone and cartilage health.
- Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen are type 1 Collagen Peptides, containing over 97% protein. It is easily digested, and includes 18 amino-acids, 7 of which are essential amino acids.
- Made from enzymatic hydrolysis of native collagen
What’s the Difference?
- Whey comes from dairy, which means it can cause digestive issues, stomach cramps, nausea, fatigue and headaches in those with lactose intolerance.
- In its natural form, whey is gluten free, however many whey products add “glutamine peptides” which is hydrolyzed wheat protein. This makes whey a bad option for gluten free and paleo diets.
- Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen is a non-allergenic, dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, kosher, and paleo protein supplement.
- Since Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen is hydrolyzed, it is highly digestible and quickly absorbed meaning faster recovery. With hydrolyzed collagen, up to 90% of the protein is absorbed.
- Hydrolyzed whey is very expensive and bitter. The more common, non-hydrolyzed whey contains just 25%-40% protein, while Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen contains 97% protein and is rapidly absorbed.
- Hydrolyzed collagen can be digested safely by people with dairy and gluten intolerance.
The Bottom Line:
- Both hydrolyzed Collagen and whey have been proven to increase blood levels of essential amino acids, stimulating the production of muscle protein. However, Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen is absorbed faster than whey, producing a better recovery.
- Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen is dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo and kosher, so you don’t have to worry about unpleasant digestive issues or sacrifice your diet.
- Studies have shown hydrolyzed collagen not only promotes muscle regeneration, but also stimulates bone tissue formation, reduces the cartilage degrading effects of osteoarthritis, lessens joint pain, improves skin appearance and decreases wrinkles, and improves athletic performance.
- If you are looking for a protein powder with all the essential amino acids, Protein Essentials Perform 100 is a collagen based sports recovery supplement that has all 9.
Learn more about the many reasons Peptan® Hydrolyzed Collagen is whey better here:
Make the switch to hydrolyzed collagen today:
This summer is looking like the summer of wearable fitness tech. So how should you go about navigating the crowded market of fitness watches? It’s confusing enough accepting that gadget watches are no longer just for the movies, picking one is a whole different story. Here at Protein Essentials we did some digging to lay out the features of five popular watches so you can decide which watch best fits your needs.
VivoWatch by ASUS:
- Heart rate monitoring
- Sleep tracking
- good battery life
- step and calorie counter
- UV level detector
- goal setting
- simple companion app
- no distance tracking
- no app notifications
Check out Engadget.com’s review for more details on the VivoWatch!
Basis Peak by Intel:
- Heart rate monitoring
- sleep tracking
- step and calorie counter
- texts, emails, calls, calendar
- perspiration levels
- Skin temperature
- goal setting
- sync data with Apple Health and Google Fit
- differentiates running, walking, biking
- no GPS tracking
- limited manual options
- confuses inactivity with sleep
Check out CNET’s review for more information on the Basis Peak.
Alpha 2 by Mio:
- curved screen built for sports
- heart rate monitor
- timer, calories, pace, distance
- water resistant up to 30 meters
- very comparable with apps which can add the lacking features
- confusing manual controls
- too large for smaller wrists
- no GPS
- annoying charger
- no daily movement tracking
Check out Wareable for their review of the Alpha 2.
Vivoactive by Garmin:
- GPS and sports tracking!
- Golf tracking with 38,000 courses
- Daily steps
- sleep tracker
- notifies you when you are inactive for too long
- pairs with smartphone to deliver notifications
- texts, calls, tweets, etc.
- touch screen
- waterproof to 50 meters
- outdated square design
- low-res screen that is hard to read in low light
Find out more in Wareable’s review of the Vivoactive.
SmartWatch 3 by Sony:
- GPS tracking
- NFC and Wifi capabilities built in (not used by features)
- powerful processor and 4GB of storage
- good battery life
- waterproof up to 60 minutes at 2 meters
- pairs with smartphone for apps and notifications
- more sporty than sleek design
- low-res screen feels faded
- no optical heart rate sensor
- wristband attracts lint
Check out Wareable’s review for more on the SmartWatch 3.
We hope our Protein Essentials‘ quick guide to this summer’s hottest fitness watches helps you find the right watch for you. As you pick a watch that will keep you motivated in your fitness goals, remember Protein Essentials Perform 100: Energy & Recovery Supplement can take you to the next level in both health and wellbeing.